Inspired by Fogus’ post, I decided to make my own list of some of the things I discovered or accomplished in 2014, in no particular order
- A Guide to the Good Life: The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy - A great introduction to Stoicism
- Getting Real - A book by the founders of 37signals. Great advice on developing and shipping your startup product.
- Rework - Another book by the founders of 37signals. Has similar contents as Getting Real, I’d recommend skipping Getting Real and reading this one.
- Remote: Office Not Required - The last book yet released by the founders of 37signals. As the title suggests, explains the benefits of and how to work remotely.
- Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future - By the cofounder and investor Peter Thiel and his former student Blake Masters. A must read for anyone interested in enterpreneurship and startups.
- The Fortune Cookie Principle: The 20 keys to a great brand story and why your business needs one - A book with great ideas about PR & marketing, in which the author explains the power of storytelling for a brand or business.
Tech events assisted
- FIT 2014
- Space Apps Challenge 2014
Side projects completed
Languages and frameworks used in projects
Meteor.js, Processing, Rails, Sinatra, Swift, Objective-C, Python
- First 10k race
- Total distance ran: 181.1km
- Most steps in a day: 59,902 - On a trip to Chicago and Indianapolis
- Switched from Stronglifts 5x5 to Greyskull LP strength program - Got to break my squats plateau.
- The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin
- The Internet’s Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz
- TPB AFK: The Pirate Bay Away from Keyboard
- Minecraft: The Story of Mojang